If you’re blessed with them, flaunt them. If not, yes – you can still flaunt them! How to make those legs of yours look long? Well, it’s all about the shoes and the clothing. You just need to find what style tricks work best for your body or which patterns create the illusion of elongated legs.
1. Buy shoes with heels of any height, preferably pointy. Heels give you extra height, creating the illusion of an elongated leg. Opt for skinny heels over chunky heels to avoid adding bulk to your foot and lower leg.
2. Match your shoes with your pants or stockings. For example, try wearing a panty hose with black heels. This one-colour look creates a clean line, as the eye travels from the top of your leg straight down to the floor without stopping.
3. Go nude-or dark. Not in the socialite way. Get nude coloured shoes. These are shoes that closely blends with the tone of your skin. Or cover your legs with dark colours. Black and other muted shades have a slimming effect, and wearing them on your legs will make your legs look more slender, leaner and longer.
4. Look for open-toed or peep-toe shoes. Sandals and open-toed shoes expose more skin on the top of your foot. The more skin you show, the more leg an onlooker’s eye will see. And don’t forget to paint your toe-nails!!
5. Look for ballet flats with a pointed toe. Again, a pointed toe makes your foot look longer, which, in turn, may also help your overall leg look longer.
6. Know the Right Pair of Shoes for You. Whatever shoes you like, better know what clothes to pair it with. For example, jeans are best paired with ankle boots while long skirts look cute with calf length boots. If you have slim calves, try knee-high boots. Basically, the most effective way to elongate your legs is to show skin. That means it is advisable to wear peep toed shoes or flip flop sandals.
Now that we have the feet covered, the infographic below, courtesy of BomPetite, gives you more tips for your outfit: