Here are some of your questions from the last few weeks answered.
When making/ordering shoes, we look at the size distribution – from size 2 to size 9 for ladies and size 6-13 for men. Of these , ladies sizes are concentrated around size 5 while men’s sizes are concentrated around size 8 ; hence, we will have more pairs around these. We normally have size 9 for some select types of shoes and an occasional size 10 (ladies) and size 12 and 13 (men). Some shoes like Safari boots can be made up to Size 15 by special order.
In a nutshell, we do have big sizes, available in some designs ; whenever you see a shoe you like, you can always ask us here to track it for you in your size.
2. Do you custom make shoes on request?
The shoe making handicraft is quite complex ; a lot goes into the making of one shoe. For example, lasts have to be made (This is the form -usually made out of plastic, metal or wood over which the shoes are molded. It determines the fit and feel of the final product), specific materials sought and pattern made, not forgetting cost of labour. For the shoes to be afforded , there needs to be a minimum order quantity , which may vary according to design.
Therefore, we may not make certain custom designs because of capacity issues, material availability and sometimes cost. However, if it’s about the size, we can make larger sizes of some volume lines (these are articles produced at our Limuru factory in bulk, such as the Safari range and canvas shoes)
3. What do I require to stock and sell Bata shoes?
There are three ways to partner with us. You can be a dealer, a wholesaler or a franchisee.
For dealers, all you have to do is visit a Bata depot near you, buy shoes at wholesale prices and sell.
To be a wholesaler, you visit Limuru and register an account. This entitles you to sell shoes in wholesale.
To be a Franchisee, you open a Bata shop to Bata’s specifications. This looks like any other Bata store and you have access to a much wider collection of merchandise. If you wish to become a franchisee , call 0722 349 005 for more details.
4. I have been looking for item X in your shops and cannot find it. Can you help me locate it?
Yes , certainly we will. You can reach us through this blog, Facebook, Twitter and on phone (0 7 2 6 6 6 8 9 4 1 / 020 2592948) and we will guide you to where the item is. Alternatively , you can buy directly from our website www.batakenya.com and we’ll deliver through our #BataHome service.
To order online :
- Buy directly from our website - Go to www.batakenya.com , click on what you want and add to cart..
- Order by e-mail – E-mail us on bata.homedelivery at bata.com with your order.
- Order by phone - Call 0 7 2 6 – 6 6 8 9 4 1 / 0 2 0 – 2 5 9 2 9 4 8.
- Order via social media – Contact us through any of our social media channels and we will be happy to process your orderTwitter , Facebook or this blog