Did you know that men’s sandals are also called mandals? No? Now you know!
Your feet sweat a lot because you have more sweat glands per square inch on your feet than any other part of your body. Each foot has around 250,000 sweat glands which are always producing sweat whether it is hot or not.
See, your feet need the sweat to remain soft. Without that much sweat, they would harden and crack and it would be painful to walk.
Having said that, wearing closed shoes day in day out can cause feet to smell because of the bacteria acting on the sweat.
This is where mandals come in.
Once in a while, it is beneficial to let your feet breathe by wearing open shoes. This post seeks to share a tip or two on how to choose a good pair of mandals and how to rock them with style.
- Get the the right fit – As with every kind of shoe, it is important to fit your sandals before buying. No part of your foot should be hanging outside the sandal.
- Comfort is key - “Select sandals with a lightly padded footbed for more comfort. Standing for long periods or walking on cement floors or sidewalks can cause pain in the feet and lower back if the shoe does not provide good support.” – E how
- Keep it casual – Mandals look great worn with casual wear (jeans, shorts, etc.) However, open shoes are a no-no at the work place even if it’s casual Friday.
- Get a pedicure – At least a simple Do-It-Yourself kind of pedicure where you trim your toe nails and thoroughly clean your feet. Few things are uglier than unkempt toe nails peeking from an open shoe..
- Never wear sandals with socks.